Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Final Update

In December, I laid out a plan for what I would do with Academist leading up to April. And what do you know, now it's April! The Genius Project Ted Talk is fast approaching, and it's a good time to review the progress I've made.

I have done everything I wanted to on the plan from December, except for developing a Firefox extension. This was arguably the most ambitious thing I planned for, so it's no surprise I didn't get around to it.

One important aspect of Academist not mentioned before is its ability to work in future years. School Loop may update there website layout and prevent Academist from working, and I had not planned for a way around this until now. If School Loop updates their website next year, I would have to update Academist while in college. I would like to be able to this, so for now, I made it much easier to alter the html-manipulation code if needed. Next year, I will ask a student at Sage Creek to send me the html source of their School Loop page and update Academist accordingly.

The last step for this year will be to present Academist and encourage students to download it in the hopes that some will find it useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment